Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE JOINING THIS SITE FOR THE FIRST TIME.
Welcome! Thank you for being part of NAEA’s Collaborate community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and participating in this online community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both respectful and supportive dialogue, we reserve the right to remove posts and/or suspend or terminate membership in this community if rules are violated.
Questions or concerns should be directed to email@example.com.
The Legal Stuff
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal content is strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want to be made public to employers or students. Please keep replies focused on the issues and ideas of a post and not targeted at an individual person or group.
- Respect each other and the purpose of this platform. This online community exists as a positive space for visual arts, design, and media arts educators to ask and answer questions in order to support each other’s work, and to share ideas, opportunities, and inspiration. Do not call anyone out by name in your post unless it is in a positive and supportive manner, and is directly connected to original purpose of the thread.
- Please keep in mind the purpose and context of the question being asked when responding to a thread. Is your participation contributing positively and directly to the request or question being posed by the thread’s originator? If you are responding to a subpost within the thread, is it still intended to provide information and insight relative to the initial question or request? Is it positive and constructive? If not, please reconsider involvement in the thread.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It is also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating “noise.”
- Clearly and concisely state the topic of your post in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately and makes it easier to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the “Reply to Sender” link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, please change your account settings to remove yourself from a list, or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site is provided as a service for the members of National Art Education Association. National Art Education Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by National Art Education Association or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall National Art Education Association be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants National Art Education Association and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
National Art Education Association does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of National Art Education Association we will take all appropriate action.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below. With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site: Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf. Business Transfers
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others. External Sites
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information, please contact us using the Contact Us